I’ve been a marketer for over 15 years, and I’ve learned a lot along the way. But some of the most important lessons I’ve learned – or at least, had reinforced – came from a very unlikely source: my cat.
My cat’s name is Minnie, and she’s a very curious and playful creature. She loves to explore her surroundings, and she’s always up for a new adventure. One day, I was watching Minnie play when I had a sudden realization: she was a natural marketer.
Marketing Tips From Minnie
Here are a few things that I learned from Minnie about marketing:
- Be authentic. Minnie is always herself, and she doesn’t try to be anything she’s not. She’s not afraid to be goofy or silly, and she’s always genuine in her interactions with others. This is a valuable lesson for marketers, as it’s important to be authentic in your marketing efforts. People can spot a fake a mile away, so it’s important to be yourself and let your personality shine through.
- Be consistent. Minnie is a creature of habit, and she likes to do things the same way every time. She knows where her food bowl is, where her favorite toys are, and where she likes to sleep. This consistency makes her predictable and reliable, which are two important qualities for any brand. When you’re marketing your business, it’s important to be consistent in your messaging and branding. This will help people to remember you and build trust with you over time.
- Be persistent. Minnie is a very persistent cat. If she wants something, she’s not going to give up until she gets it. She’ll meow and rub against your legs until you give her attention, and she’ll bat at her toys – or any little scrap of paper – until she gets them to move. This persistence is what makes her so successful in getting what she wants. As a marketer, it’s important to be persistent in your marketing efforts. Don’t give up if you don’t see results immediately. Keep at it, and eventually you’ll start to see success.
I’m grateful for the lessons that Minnie has taught me about marketing. She’s a wise and furry little teacher, and I’m a better marketer because of her.
But wait… there’s more
Here are a few additional tips for marketers based on what I’ve learned from Minnie:
- Be playful. People are drawn to brands that are fun and engaging. So don’t be afraid to add a little bit of playfulness to your marketing efforts. This could mean using humor, creating interactive content, or simply being creative with your messaging.
- Be unexpected. People are more likely to remember something if it’s unexpected. So don’t be afraid to try new things and break the mold with your marketing. This could mean running a contest, launching a new product, or simply changing up your branding.
- Be personal. People connect with brands that they feel a personal connection to. So don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through in your marketing. This could mean sharing stories about your company, using images of your employees, or simply writing in a conversational tone.
The Bottom Line…
Hey, marketing “genius” is all around us – even in our furry friends. Minnie is just one example of the way I learn from watching and opening my mind.
What about you? How are you opening your mind in order to be a better marketer.
PS Minnie does not use email marketing … Yet!!!
Want to learn more “marketing genius”? Join the Affiliate Profits Club. It’s free to get started!